On the night in which Indiana University would honor the 1992 Final Four team, they did not let down the fans at Assembly Hall with a 77-64 home win over Iowa. The win snapped a two-game skid and marked the Hoosiers first Big Ten win of the season.
Individual Player Performances
Juwan Morgan: 29 minutes, 15 points (6/9 FG, 0/1 3PT, 3/4 FT), 10 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block
De’Ron Davis: 18 minutes, 13 points (5/11 FG, 3/9 FT), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 4 blocks
Collin Hartman: 20 minutes, 13 points (4/9 FG, 3/6 3PT, 2/2 FT), 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
|Scoring by Half||1||2||T|
|Field Goal %||38.5||40.9|
|Three Point %||41.7||38.1|
|Free Throw %||44.4||65.2|
- IU now holds a 102-76 edge in the series which began in 1909.
- Indiana is now underway in a home stretch with 4 games left out of the next 5 games
- Senior Robert Johnson close in on 46th on the all-time IU scoring list, needing only three more to pass Darryl Thomas
- Sophomore De’Ron Davis had averaged 12 points per game in 2 outings against Iowa. Tonight, Davis merely matched that mark finishing with 13.
- IU has won 5 of the last 6 meetings between the teams in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.
- Iowa has now lost three straight games
- Hawkeyes head coach Fran McCaffery is now 5-8 overall against the Hoosiers
Check back with SportZreport.com for several more Indiana Men’s Basketball articles to come following the win.